The Product Designer will create a variety of collection concepts and products supporting the development process and execution of items within our cycle development. A self-starter with proven ability to work independently and self-manage workload around multiple and competing project timelines. Designers need to be flexible with tasks on a day-to-day basis evolving this role as required by the needs of the team. Excellent communication skills and thriving in a collaborative project environment with ongoing deadlines is an everyday occurrence. This will be accomplished by efficiently and proactively working on projects that are marked with defined deadlines. This position will report to the Manager of Design.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design development; product design, graphic design, product application and creative packaging creation.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects driven by deadlines with a high sense of urgency.
- Effectively prioritize, manage and communicate status of projects.
- Create and execute project work plans revising as appropriate to meet changes and requirements.
- Research current print, graphic and design trends including competitive and market shopping, trend review, lifestyle/cultural research.
- Creative problem solver with a passion for innovation, high quality, timely results and continued process improvement.
- Ensure that products are designed and executed accurately while meeting internal and external timelines.
- Communicate relevant project information to cross functional teams.
To succeed in this role, here’s the type of person you are:
You are a creative problem solver with a passion for innovation, delivering quality and timely results, and a drive to continuously learn and develop. Collaboration is your middle name. You enjoy teamwork and thrive in a collaborative project environment with ongoing deadlines. Your communication skills are top notch and you aren’t afraid to speak up to present new ideas or recommendations. You are self-motivated, have a sense of urgency and like working in an energetic, fast-paced environment. You’re easy to work with. You proactively approach problems, are flexible, adaptable, high-energy and ready to turn creative concepts into successful business results. You do what’s necessary to get the job done, on time, all the time.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- 4+ years of professional experience designing consumer products for mass retail clients.
- Graphic Design degree.
- Factory and Production File accuracy.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of four color process printing, spot color printing, die lines and technical drawings.
- Key understanding of materials, finishes, and product substrate color.
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Ability to distinguish good layout/typography and apply color theory, hierarchy and balance.
- Demonstrate initiative, conscientiousness and complete follow-through in areas of responsibility.
So, if this is you, then you’ve found your home and we’d love to have you! We work hard, have fun, and only have exceptionally awesome people on our team. We’re looking for a multi-talented, take-charge, team player who loves to deliver outcome.
In alignment with Made For Retail’s Core Values, this position will adhere to the high set of ethical and moral standards that govern how we do business.
While we do our best, it is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and business needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. We reserve the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the job responsibilities as needed.
Made For Retail Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.