Reporting to the Supply Chain & Sourcing Manager, the Import Sourcing Associate will manage critical company workflow to translate product development to purchasing activity—encompassing ownership of our international supplier relationships, cost negotiations, data management in preparation for purchasing, and process optimization. This position will ensure we achieve an optimal balance of product quality and cost while providing outstanding service to internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Duties
Sourcing and Supply Chain Efficiencies:
- Execute vendor management initiatives to optimize partnerships and performance across all businesses.
- Manage relationships and support pricing negotiations with factories, packaging suppliers and other vendors.
- Drive costing and strategic sourcing initiatives of ongoing programs, special situations, and new businesses opportunities.
- Maintain, support, and oversee data integrity within our enterprise-wide Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system
- Collaborate with leadership to identify and actualize improvements to company efficiencies, with the aim to build sustainable business results.
- Track, analyze and report results on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Manage procurement details related to case pack negotiations, HTS codes, dims and weights, item verification and supplier communications.
Purchasing & Process Optimization:
- Collaborate with business leaders on strategic pricing to optimize sales and internal margin; analyze and refine continuously.
- Execute negotiation and/or costing strategies with factories
- Drive product assortment negotiation process and retailer proposal submission through interface with retailer systems
- Support order fulfillment and logistics in tandem with factories, MFR China team, and retail partners.
Reporting & Analysis
- Communicate final item details to both internal and external teams.
- Identify, analyze, interpret and communicate data to various audiences; Track, analyze and report results on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience in multi-cycle retail environment
- High level of financial acumen and costing expertise with meticulous attention to detail.
- Prior experience in enterprise-wide software, ideally Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- International travel (+/- 20%) and ability to meet requirements for valid passport and foreign entry visa attainment.
- Clear and effective communication
- Organized for productivity and efficiency, yet flexes to anticipates and meet future needs of customers and teams.
- Results driven self-starter making thoughtful, effective, and timely decisions after analyzing situations.
- Demonstrates a passion for learning with commitment to continued professional excellence.
- Consistent, creative problem-solving abilities using a solutions-oriented mindset, maintaining a positive and constructive outlook.
- Challenges conventional thinking and leverages relationships with key internal and external customers to enhance business results.
- Uses sound judgement to negotiate and persuade critical business wins
- Thoughtful execution through planning, budgeting and a sense of urgency.
- Steadfast and unflappable demeanor with consistent demonstration and understanding of Social Intelligence (SI) and Emotional Intelligence (EQ).