Made For Retail Inc. is a collection of individuals that are passionate about design, product development, retail and bringing it all together through our strong supply chain and manufacturing expertise. Our approach to design is simple: create desirable products that inspire us and our customers. Our organic process is thoughtful, clever, focused and multi-dimensional leading to differentiated products with a well curated perspective. We take pride in every product we design.
The Associate Supply Chain Manager will manage critical company workflow to translate product development to purchasing activity—encompassing ownership of our international supplier relationships, cost negotiations, data management in preparation for purchasing, and process optimization. This position will ensure we achieve an optimal balance of product quality and cost while providing outstanding service to internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Duties
Sourcing and Supply Chain Efficiencies:
- Work with Sr. Supply Chain Manager on vendor management initiatives to optimize partnerships and performance across all businesses.
- Facilitate relationships and support pricing negotiations with factories, packaging suppliers and other vendors.
- Partner on costing and strategic sourcing initiatives of ongoing programs, special situations, and new businesses opportunities.
- Maintain, support, and oversee data integrity within our enterprise-wide Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system.
- Collaborate with leadership to identify and actualize improvements to company efficiencies, with the aim to build sustainable business results.
- Track, analyze and report results on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Manage procurement details related to case pack negotiations, HTS codes, dims and weights, item verification and supplier communications.
- Purchasing & Process Optimization:
- Collaborate with business leaders on strategic pricing to optimize sales and internal margin; analyze and refine continuously.
- Execute negotiation and/or costing strategies with factories
- Drive product assortment negotiation process and retailer proposal submission through interface with retailer systems.
- Support order fulfillment and logistics in tandem with factories, MFR China team, and retail partners.
- Reporting & Analysis
- Communicate final item details to both internal and external teams.
- Identify, analyze, interpret and communicate data to various audiences; Track, analyze and report results on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
Essential Skills And Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in multi-cycle retail environment
- High level of financial acumen and costing expertise with meticulous attention to detail.
- Prior experience in enterprise-wide software, ideally Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- International travel (+/- 20%) and ability to meet requirements for valid passport and foreign entry visa attainment.
Made For Retail is committed to two basic principles: do good work and be good people. In addition to developing great designs and producing quality product responsibly and efficiently…
- we strive to have a positive impact on people and in our communities.
- we support a safe, unbiased organizational culture and an inclusive experience for all stakeholders.
- we work hard to create and ensure a thoughtful product experience for all guests.
- we aim for the highest standards of honesty, transparency, and integrity in all that we do each day.
Made For Retail Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.