To succeed in this role, here’s the type of person you are:
You are a creative problem solver with a passion for innovation, delivering quality and timely results, and a drive to continuously learn and develop yourself and others. Collaboration is your middle name. You enjoy teamwork and thrive in a collaborative project environment with ongoing deadlines. Your communication skills are top notch and you aren’t afraid to speak up to present new ideas or recommendations. You are self-motivated, have a sense of urgency and like working in an energetic, fast-paced environment. You’re easy to work with. You proactively approach problems, are flexible, adaptable, high-energy and ready to turn creative concepts into successful business results. You do what’s necessary to get the job done, on time, all the time.
Made For Retail Inc. is a collection of individuals that are passionate about design, product development, retail and bringing it all together through our strong supply chain and manufacturing expertise. Our approach to design is simple: create desirable products that inspire us and our customers. Our organic process is thoughtful, clever, focused and multi-dimensional leading to differentiated products with a well curated perspective. We take pride in every product we design.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive business results by forecasting, budgeting, and delivering to P&L plans for the assigned businesses.
- Lead the team to deliver strategic, compelling and trend forward designs and assortments to fulfill customer needs and drive business growth.
- Manage team and workflows to meet internal and external “Timing and Action” schedule(s).
- Drive, track and report key deliverables to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Develop and utilize the practice of collecting, analyzing, and presenting market and trend data, and translating discoveries into actionable business initiatives.
- Strengthen business relationship with customers based on quality of assortments, recommendations, trust, execution and meeting their business needs for current and future growth.
- Effectively assess and assemble product assortments that deliver planned financial performance.
- Recognize, anticipate and leverage marketplace trends.
- Understand and meet customer needs with on-point product assortments.
- Learn MFR manager guidelines; review of team members, setting goals, progress tracking etc.
Essential Skills And Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, retail or another related field.
- 7+ years’ experience working in retail manufacturing business with a focus on product development and an understanding of the design and supply chain process.
- Experience working in a mid-sized company and high growth environment.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Strong team leadership skills with a proven record of attaining team goals.
- Ability to drive innovation while applying overarching initiatives to the product development process.
- Use of design thinking to problem solve and drive successful results for internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience building and tracking financial budgets, plans, growth strategies.
- Expert ability to read sales, create recommendations and utilize analyses for future business and assortment planning.
- Proficiency in analyzing and reporting ancillary financial reports and data to various audiences.
- Experience with retail industry software such as Smartsheet or PLM systems, and/or relating to sales, inventory management, etc.
Made For Retail is committed to two basic principles: do good work and be good people. In addition to developing great designs and producing quality product responsibly and efficiently…
- we strive to have a positive impact on people and in our communities.
- we support a safe, unbiased organizational culture and an inclusive experience for all stakeholders.
- we work hard to create and ensure a thoughtful product experience for all guests.
- we aim for the highest standards of honesty, transparency, and integrity in all that we do each day.
Made For Retail Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.