The Technical Product Development Specialist is responsible for successfully managing and approving programs and products. This position will own the product sample phase/approvals process while managing products into a mass-production phase. This will be accomplished by working closely with our product development, design, supply chain and international teams as well as with our overseas manufacturing partners. This position will report to the Manager of Technical Product Development Specialists.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage item details in the development and pre-production phases for products which are shared with manufacturing partners.
- Interface with product development, designers, supply chain, manufacturing partners and retail partners to ensure the products’ ultimate outcome meets specified retailers and in house quality, testing, and costing requirements.
- Review and analyze factory samples in detail, working cross-functionally with retail partners, overseas teams, manufacturing partners, and other internal team members to problem solve item concerns as necessary and achieve final approval and/or pass testing requirements.
- Manage exception processes with retailers – i.e. packaging processes for owned brand product.
- Ownership of testing documentation and responsible for regulatory review and labeling with support from our overseas office.
- Maintain data integrity for all products within our in-house and retail partner systems.
- Ability to travel internationally.
To succeed in this role, here’s the type of person you are:
You are a creative problem solver with a passion for innovation, delivering quality and timely results, and a drive to continuously learn and develop. Collaboration is your middle name. You enjoy teamwork and thrive in a collaborative project environment with ongoing deadlines. Your communication skills are top notch and you aren’t afraid to speak up to present new ideas or recommendations. You are self-motivated, have a sense of urgency and like working in an energetic, fast-paced environment. You’re easy to work with. You proactively approach problems, are flexible, adaptable, high-energy and ready to turn creative concepts into successful business results. You do what’s necessary to get the job done, on time, all the time.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in related program.
- Understanding of product development.
- Strong skills and knowledge of: Microsoft Suite (Word, Access, Excel and Outlook); Moderate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign).
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to project manage through multiple timelines
- Self-Starter with desire to learn
So, if this is you, then you’ve found your home and we’d love to have you! We work hard, have fun, and only have exceptionally awesome people on our team. We’re looking for a multi-talented, take-charge, team player who loves to deliver outcome.
In alignment with Made For Retail’s Core Values, this position will adhere to the high set of ethical and moral standards that govern how we do business.
While we do our best, it is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and business needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. We reserve the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the job responsibilities as needed.
Made For Retail Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.