Our Talent Development Manager’s focus is leading our people strategies to engage and develop our team members. Key functional areas of the role include the management and administration of the following:
- Development & Engagement
- Human Resource, Compensation & Benefits Management
- Talent Acquisition
Made for Retail is a high-growth company in a fast-paced industry. This is an ideal role for an ambitious candidate who seeks to continuously improve the human resources function and will utilize many facets of the human resources discipline to have a broad impact across an organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Development & Engagement (50%)
- Identifies, creates and implements development programs to ensure that our team members are continuously growing and learning.
- Designs content and delivers team member training programs.
- Identifies technology tools and external resources to support all and team member development initiatives.
- Provides coaching and support to team members in the creation of individual development plans.
- Identifies, recommends and implements plans for engagement events and recognition programs.
- Training and engagement accountability includes partnership with our U.S. and China based teams.
Human Resource Generalist, Compensation & Benefit Management (30%)
- Coaches and counsels our managers on performance management challenges.
- Creates and maintains performance management related tools and forms. Retains all performance management related documentation.
- Administers all aspects of our compensation and benefit plans. Accountable for the enrollment, change and termination process for all benefit programs.
- Participates in annual benefit plan review with broker partners and founders.
- Designs and executes communication plans for open enrollment and benefit enhancements.
- Drives our performance review process ensuring team members receive formal performance feedback twice per year and coaching throughout the year.
- Responsible to maintain HR confidential information in accordance with our policies, practices, and state and federal laws. Maintains all employee records and databases.
- Serves as back up coverage to Corporate Controller on payroll administration and point of contact for external inquiries (reference checks, employment verification, unemployment benefits).
- Audits master files for payroll and benefit provider invoices for accuracy.
Talent Acquisition (20%)
- Accountable for the end to end talent acquisition process for full time, temporary and intern roles to include advertising, proactive sourcing, interviewing, selection, reference checks, background checks, assessment and offer extension.
- Creates recruiting plans, identifies ongoing recruiting opportunities and proactively sources candidates ahead of need.
- Proactively identifies, plans and executes campus recruiting activities, communications and events. Partners with the broader team to identify employee representatives for campus events.
- Partners with managers on coordinating all interview related activity (phone screens, in person interviews) and participates in interviews.
- Creates and facilitates orientation and partners with managers on onboarding of all new team members.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related program.
- Five years experience in Human Resources Generalist role.
- Minimum three years experience in training and development with a blend of content development and delivery experience.
- Experience in a retail environment strongly preferred.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to translate business strategy into programs to support employee engagement.
- Knowledge of learning management / e-learning systems.
- Working knowledge and experience with talent acquisition tools. (i.e. – LinkedIn Recruiter)
- Outstanding collaboration and relationship building skills and ability to work with a variety of departments and functions within the organization.
- Excellent written, verbal, and positive influential interpersonal skills required.
- Strong planning, organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to balance strategic focus and hands on execution.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Systems experience with ADP preferred.