Made For Retail Inc. is a collection of individuals that are passionate about design, product development, retail and bringing it all together through our strong supply chain and manufacturing expertise. Our approach to design is simple: create desirable products that inspire us and our customers. Our organic process is thoughtful, clever, focused and multi-dimensional leading to differentiated products with a well curated perspective. We take pride in every product we design.
To balance product quality with cost to drive an optimal combination of both sales volume and sustainable margin. This will be accomplished by developing and negotiating product costing and pricing as well as verifying and communicating final item details to both internal and external teams and stakeholders. This role has project management responsibility and will focus on the overall Supply Chain process including product costing, margins, forecasts, order quantities, inventory management, coordinating shipping and logistics with both customers and international factories, and managing production quality (charge-backs, etc). This position reports to the Senior Global Supply Chain Manager.
- Own strategic pricing to drive optimal outcomes for both sales and internal margin; analyze and refine continuously
- Lead product assortment negotiation process, communication and submission with customers
- Develop, generate and track analytics for margin rates, product costing and costing variance; identify opportunities to share analytics and collaborate with cross functional teams
- Manage relationships and support pricing negotiations with factories, packaging suppliers and other vendors
- Strong project management, time management and organization skills with a proven ability to balance and execute against multiple and evolving priorities simultaneously
- Proven ability to work independently and self-manage workload around multiple and competing project timelines
- Proven analytical ability and aptitude for understanding how analytics can drive business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to utilize analytical, problem solving and decision making skills through tasks
- Aptitude in analyzing, interpreting and communicating data to various audiences, including management and non-finance stakeholders; proven ability to collaboratively drive decisions with non-finance partners through clear, concise and meaningful communication of financial information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with particular focus on Outlook, Excel and Access
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, supply chain or finance
- 3-5 years prior work experience in a business manager, finance or supply chain role
- Experience working in a mid-sized company and high growth environment
- Project management, ability to work independently and self-manage workload around multiple and competing project timelines
- Proven analytical ability and aptitude for understanding how analytics can drive decisions in a business
- Merchant approach to assortment planning
In alignment with Made For Retail core values, this position will strictly adhere to the high set of ethical and moral standards that govern how we do business.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and business needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. We reserve the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. We also retain the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Made For Retail is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening, additional skills tests as determined by management and may be required to pass drug screenings as well.