The Sourcing Manager will work within Supply Chain balancing product quality with cost to drive an optimal combination of both sales volume and sustainable margin. This will be accomplished by working alongside our Product Development Team to determine product make; managing an international vendor base and selecting final production factories; and negotiating product costing with our vendors and retail accounts. Reporting to the Senior Supply Chain Manager, this role has project management responsibility and will focus on the Sourcing process of our Supply Chain.
Made For Retail Inc. is a collection of individuals that are passionate about design, product development, retail and bringing it all together through our strong supply chain and manufacturing expertise. Our approach to design is simple: create desirable products that inspire us and our customers. Our organic process is thoughtful, clever, focused and multi-dimensional leading to differentiated products with a well curated perspective. We take pride in every product we design.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Own strategic pricing to drive optimal outcomes for both sales and internal margin; analyze and refine continuously.
- Lead product assortment negotiation process, communication and submission with customers.
- Develop, generate and track analytics for margin rates, product costing and costing variance; identify opportunities to share analytics and collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Manage relationships and support pricing negotiations with factories, packaging suppliers and other vendors.
To succeed in this role, here’s the type of person you are:
You are a creative problem solver with a passion for innovation, delivering quality and timely results, and a drive to continuously learn and develop. Collaboration is your middle name. You enjoy teamwork and thrive in a collaborative project environment with ongoing deadlines. Your communication skills are top notch and you aren’t afraid to speak up to present new ideas or recommendations. You are self-motivated, have a sense of urgency and like working in an energetic, fast-paced environment. You’re easy to work with. You proactively approach problems, are flexible, adaptable, high-energy and ready to turn creative concepts into successful business results. You do what’s necessary to get the job done, on time, all the time.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Strong project management, time management and organization skills with a proven ability to balance and execute against multiple and evolving priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work independently and self-manage workload around multiple and competing project timelines.
- Proven analytical ability and aptitude for understanding how analytics can drive business decisions.
- Aptitude in analyzing, interpreting and communicating data to various audiences, including management and non-finance stakeholders; proven ability to collaboratively drive decisions with non-finance partners through clear, concise and meaningful communication of financial information.
- Strong skills and knowledge of: Microsoft Suite (Word, Access, Excel and Outlook).
So, if this is you, then you’ve found your home and we’d love to have you! We work hard, have fun, and only have exceptionally awesome people on our team. We’re looking for a multi-talented, take-charge, team player who loves to deliver outcome.
In alignment with Made For Retail’s Core Values, this position will adhere to the high set of ethical and moral standards that govern how we do business.
While we do our best, it is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and business needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. We reserve the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the job responsibilities as needed.
Made For Retail Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.