To successfully manage and approve programs and products by building initial product specifications, leading the product sample phase/approvals process and managing products into mass-production phase. This will be accomplished by working closely with our product development, design, supply chain and international teams as well as with our manufacturing partners. This role has project management responsibility and is charged with managing the product sample/approvals process for each cross functional team that they are on. This position reports to the manager of Product Specialists.
Made For Retail is a collection of individuals that are passionate about design, product development, retail and bringing it all together through our strong supply chain and manufacturing expertise. Our approach to design is simple: create desirable products that inspire us and our customers. Our organic process is thoughtful, clever, focused and multi-dimensional leading to differentiated products with a well curated perspective. We take pride in every product we design.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- Creates and manages production specification process for products which are shared with manufacturing facilities and retailers.
- Collaborates with product development and design teams to create and review detailed artwork files for accuracy and completeness, and then communicates details to manufacturing facilities for item creation.
- Interface with product development, designers, manufacturing facilities and customers to ensure the products’ ultimate outcome meets specified quality and costing requirements.
- Review and analyze samples in detail, working cross-functionally with retail partners, overseas teams, manufacturing partners, and other internal team members to problem solve item concerns as necessary and achieve final approval and/or pass testing requirements.
- Manage exception processes with retailers – i.e. packaging processes for owned brand product. Work collaboratively with retailer, supply chain, manufacturing facilities and outside partners to ensure smooth execution of the processes.
- Drive sampling process to deliver on-time samples to both retail partners and our internal team in preparation for retailer meetings and pre-production approvals.
- Understand testing requirements and assist with testing documentation.
- Strong project management, time management and organization skills with a proven ability to balance and execute against multiple and evolving priorities simultaneously.
- A self-starter with proven ability to work independently and self-manage workload around multiple and competing project timelines.
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to problem solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally to customers and international factory partners.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Willingness to be flexible with tasks on a day-to-day basis and evolve role as required by the needs of the team.
In alignment with Made For Retail core values, this position will strictly adhere to the high set of ethical and moral standards that govern how we do business.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and business needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. We reserve the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. We also retain the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs
Made For Retail is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and/or additional skills tests as determined by management.