The Product Specialist is responsible for successfully managing and approving programs and products by building initial product specifications. This position will coordinate the product sample phase/approvals process while managing products into a mass-production phase. This will be accomplished by working closely with our product development, design, supply chain and international teams as well as with our manufacturing partners. This position will report to the Manager of Product Specialists.
Made For Retail Inc. is a collection of individuals that are passionate about design, product development, retail and bringing it all together through our strong supply chain and manufacturing expertise.
Key objectives and responsibilities
- Create and manage production specification process for products which are shared with manufacturing facilities and retailers.
- Collaborate with product development and design teams to review detailed artwork files for accuracy and completeness, communicating details to manufacturing facilities for item creation.
- Interface with product development, designers, manufacturing facilities and customers to ensure the products’ ultimate outcome meets specified quality and costing requirements.
- Review and analyze factory samples in detail, working cross-functionally with retail partners, overseas teams, manufacturing partners, and other internal team members to problem solve item concerns as necessary and achieve final approval and/or pass testing requirements.
- Manage exception processes with retailers – i.e. packaging processes for owned brand product.
- Drive sampling process to deliver on-time samples to both retail partners and our internal team in preparation for retailer meetings and pre-production approvals.
- Follow testing requirements and assist with testing documentation.
- Strong project management, time management and organization skills with a proven ability to balance and execute against multiple and evolving priorities simultaneously.
- A self-starter with proven ability to work independently and self-manage workload around multiple and competing project timelines.
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to problem solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally to customers and international factory partners.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.