The Product Development Coordinator will partner with the Product Development and Design teams by supporting in the development process and execution of item and program line development. This will be accomplished by efficiently and proactively working on projects that are marked with defined deadlines. This role has project management responsibility and is charged with facilitating the internal timing and action project plans of each cross functional team that they are part of, supporting the product development process throughout the initial product development stages and managing communication with production teams. This role also coordinates internal timing and action calendar for internal teams to meet customer deadlines. This position reports to the manager of Product Development Coordinators.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with the Product Development and Design Teams to accomplish development goals for each cycle of product development.
- Communicate with factory partner(s) to seek and confirm materials and items that achieve value and costing requirements.
- Initiate the process of requesting product samples from factory partners.
- Data management of costing information received from factories to effectively conduct costing meetings with Supply Chain team.
- Manage and coordinate shipping and tracking of development samples to ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage internal timing and action calendars based on customer timelines and deadlines to help the Product Development and Design teams internally plan for deliverables and milestones.
- Manage, maintenance and organize the physical working space that the Product Development and Design teams utilize for product development.
- Communicate with factories when executing revisions to sample quality and aesthetics; re-engineering samples to achieve optimal costing in effort to achieve assortment goal costing for customers.
- Collaborate with teams to maintain trend resource lists; consistently review research tools to keep our database current with most relevant resources.
To succeed in this role, here’s the type of person you are:
You are a creative problem solver with a passion for innovation, delivering quality and timely results, and a drive to continuously learn and develop. Collaboration is your middle name. You enjoy teamwork and thrive in a collaborative project environment with ongoing deadlines. Your communication skills are top notch and you aren’t afraid to speak up to present new ideas or recommendations. You are self-motivated, have a sense of urgency and like working in an energetic, fast-paced environment. You’re easy to work with. You proactively approach problems, are flexible, adaptable, high-energy and ready to turn creative concepts into successful business results. You do what’s necessary to get the job done, on time, all the time.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in related program.
- Understanding of product development.
- Merchandising, trend, color and design sense.
- Experience in trend focused consumer product development.
- Strong skills and knowledge of: Microsoft Suite (Word, Access, Excel and Outlook); Moderate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign).
So, if this is you, then you’ve found your home and we’d love to have you! We work hard, have fun, and only have exceptionally awesome people on our team. We’re looking for a multi-talented, take-charge, team player who loves to deliver outcome.
In alignment with Made For Retail’s Core Values, this position will adhere to the high set of ethical and moral standards that govern how we do business.
While we do our best, it is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and business needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. We reserve the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the job responsibilities as needed.
Made For Retail Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.