The Product Development Coordinator intern supports the Product Development and Design teams by assisting in the development process and execution of item and program line development. This individual must efficiently and proactively work on projects that are marked with defined deadlines. This position is charged with supporting the product development process in, actively communicating with production teams, and generally supports the product coordinator development teams.
- 12 weeks (Approximately June – August)
- 40 hours/week
- Deadline to apply is March 31
Key Objectives & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with and support the Product Development and Design teams to accomplish product development goals.
- Adhere to internal timing and action calendars and help the Product Development and Design teams internally plan for deliverables and milestones.
- Manage the maintenance and organization of the working space that the Product Development and Design teams utilize for product development.
- Support Product Development Coordinators in thoughtfully communicating with factories on executing revisions to sample quality and aesthetics; re-engineering samples to achieve optimal costing in effort to achieve assortment goal costing for customers.
- Collaborate with teams to maintain trend resource lists; consistently review research tools to keep our database current with most relevant resources, this includes utilizing trend services, online platforms (Pinterest, Instagram, blogs), retail shopping and more. Ultimately, the goal is to allow for unique, innovative items that represent our design aesthetic.
- Print, organize and prepare product binders with information for upcoming development cycles.
- Effective and proactive communication skills and an open and collaborative spirit
- Strong attention to detail and results oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and have the ability to effectively communicate status of projects while meeting deadlines
- Is a self-starter, motivated to independently work and successfully managing projects and responsibilities.
- Willingness to be flexible with tasks on a day to day basis and evolve role as required by the needs of the team.