To partner with the Product Development and Design teams by supporting in the development process and execution of item and program line development. This will be accomplished by efficiently and proactively working on projects that are marked with defined deadlines. This role has project management responsibility and is charged with facilitating the internal timing and action project plans of each cross functional team that they are on, supporting the product development process throughout the initial product development stages and managing communication with production teams. This role also coordinates internal timing and action calendar for internal teams to meet customer deadlines. This position reports to the manager of Product Development Coordinators.
Made For Retail is a collection of individuals that are passionate about design, product development, retail and bringing it all together through our strong supply chain and manufacturing expertise. Our approach to design is simple: create desirable products that inspire us and our customers. Our organic process is thoughtful, clever, focused and multi-dimensional leading to differentiated products with a well curated perspective. We take pride in every product we design.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with and support the Product Development and Design teams to accomplish product development goals.
- Effectively communicate with factory partner to seek and confirm materials and items that achieve value and costing requirements.
- Initiate the process of requesting product samples from factory partners.
- Data management of costing information received from factories to effectively conduct costing meetings with Supply Chain team.
- Manage and coordinate the shipping and tracking of development samples to ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage internal timing and action calendars based on customer timelines and deadlines to help the Product Development and Design teams internally plan for deliverables and milestones.
- Create and manage support materials that help guide preparation for key presentations.
- Manage the maintenance and organization of the working space that the Product Development and Design teams utilize for product development.
- Support Product Development Managers in thoughtfully communicating with factories on executing revisions to sample quality and aesthetics; re-engineering samples to achieve optimal costing in effort to achieve assortment goal costing for customers.
- Collaborate with teams to maintain trend resource lists; consistently review research tools to keep our database current with most relevant resources, this includes utilizing trend services, online platforms (Pinterest, Instagram, blogs), retail shopping and more. Ultimately, the goal is to allow for unique, innovative items that represent our design aesthetic.
- Print, organize and prepare product binders with information for upcoming development cycles.
- Strong project management, time management and organization skills with a proven ability to balance and execute against multiple and evolving priorities simultaneously.
- A self-starter with proven ability to work independently and self-manage workload around multiple and competing project timelines.
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to problem solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally to customers and international factory partners.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Willingness to be flexible with tasks on a day-to-day basis and evolve role as required by the needs of the team.
In alignment with Made For Retail core values, this position will strictly adhere to the high set of ethical and moral standards that govern how we do business.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and business needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. We reserve the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. We also retain the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs
Made For Retail is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and/or additional skills tests as determined by management.