The Finance Analyst will manage the overall administration of commercial invoicing, payments on letters of credit, payments to vendors and analysis of revenues and margins associated with purchase orders.
Made For Retail Inc. is a collection of individuals that are passionate about design, product development, retail and bringing it all together through our strong supply chain and manufacturing expertise. Our approach to design is simple: create desirable products that inspire us and our customers. Our organic process is thoughtful, clever, focused and multi-dimensional leading to differentiated products with a well curated perspective. We take pride in every product we design.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the execution of transactions for receivables/payables ensuring accurate receipts from customers and payment to vendors.
- Post all payments, deposits, transfers and presentations to the corresponding Letter of Credit, keeping an up-to-date record of all information; request and submitting all FCR and Canada invoices for payment
- Review all payment advice letters to ensure accurate payment amounts, work with Bank as discrepancies arise
- Review and approve amounts due to vendors and processes deposits to vendors; manages timing to maintain vendor relationships.
- Calculate and submit applications for Vendor Transfers of Letters of Credit.
- Calculate each Transfer Letter of Credit, reporting to the Bank the transfer amount and the purchase orders that should be applied to the each vendor
- Manage banking relationships as they relate to receivables/payables.
- Review all payment advice letters to ensure accurate payment amounts, work with Bank(s) as discrepancies arise
- Assist Vendors as needed to maintain an accurate account of programs.
- Assist Vendors to account for each program quantity, cost and Letters of Credit that are applied to each program to ensure they realize the total program
- Manage purchase order tracking and reporting, including revenue, margins, deposits and bank fees.
- Analyze chargebacks on an as needed basis.
- Keep a current balance of all charges that are deducted from the Banks payments along with the department, program and Vendor information
- Confirm amounts and process deposits to vendors; manage timing to maintain vendor relationships.
- Calculate Vendor deposits for each program; wire transfer the deposit appropriately
- Track any reductions/additions from prior programs to reduce/increase current deposit
- Participate in special projects as needed.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer/Client Service – Manages difficult client situations; Responds promptly to client needs; Solicits client feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments made to clients.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethics; Upholds organizational values.
Education & Other Qualifications
- BS \ BA in Finance or Accounting.
- Experience managing accounts payable/receivable, particularly in working with purchase orders and letters of credit.
- Experience in enterprise software programs and cloud based ERP systems preferred.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with basic financial reporting and analytical software (Excel – pivot tables, macros, v look up).
- Strong skills and knowledge of: Microsoft Suite (Word, Access, Excel and Outlook); Moderate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign).
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to manage customer, vendor and bank relationships simultaneously and in conjunction with each other.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to manage stakeholder groups at a distance, particularly in China.
So, if this is you, then you’ve found your home and we’d love to have you! We work hard, have fun, and only have exceptionally awesome people on our team. We’re looking for a multi-talented, take-charge, team player who loves to deliver outcome.
In alignment with Made For Retail Inc. Core Values, this position will strictly adhere to the high set of ethical and moral standards that govern how we do business.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and business needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. We reserve the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. We also retain the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Made For Retail Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening, and/or additional skills tests as determined by management.