Made For Retail Inc. is a collection of individuals that are passionate about design, product development, retail and bringing it all together through our strong supply chain and manufacturing expertise. Our approach to design is simple: create desirable products that inspire us and our customers. Our organic process is thoughtful, clever, focused and multi-dimensional leading to differentiated products with a well curated perspective. We take pride in every product we design.
The Finance Analyst will execute the overall accounting tasks related to invoicing, receivables and payables.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- Accurately record transactions for receivables/payables of receipts from customers and payments to vendors.
- Post all payments, deposits, transfers and presentations to the corresponding Letter of Credit, keeping an up-to-date record of all information
- Prepares amounts due to vendors and processes deposits to vendors; manages timing to maintain vendor relationships.
- Point of contact for vendor assistance in maintaining accurate accounting for programs.
- Assist vendors to account for each program quantity, cost and Letters of Credit that are applied to each program to ensure they realize the total program
- Processes customer chargebacks on an as needed basis.
- Manage purchase order tracking and reporting, including revenue, margins, deposits and bank fees.
- Create and Maintain Purchase Order Analysis ensuring accurate balance of Customer and Vendor total programs.
- Create the Purchase Order Analysis, posting all vendors, letters of credit, expiration dates, purchase orders, order quantities, FCA costs, vendor costs, deposits, transfers, margins and ship dates
- Update Purchase Order Analysis as information is gained, posting dates, payments, bank charges, interest charges, chargebacks and other pertinent information
- Process factory and commercial invoices.
- Edit commercial invoices to include factory-specific information
- Send invoices to factories upon fulfillment of purchase orders under a Letter of Credit
- Customer support for processing of tariffs and duties.
- Timely submittal to Target of First Sale documentation
- Human Resource Support.
- Reconciles group health plans billings
- Summarizes results for HR Manager & Controller
- Generate \ maintain periodic financial reporting.
- Customer revenue reports
- MFR analysis reporting
- Serves as Primary backup for the Finance Analyst – Accounting & Supply Chain.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer/Client Service – Manages difficult client situations; Responds promptly to client needs; Solicits client feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments made to clients.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethics; Upholds organizational values.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong skills and knowledge of: Microsoft Suite (Word, Access, Excel and Outlook); Moderate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign).
Education & Other Qualifications
- BS \ BA in Finance or Accounting, or working toward completion.
- 2-3 years’ experience in accounting or finance.
- Exposure to enterprise software programs and cloud based ERP systems preferred.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with basic financial reporting and analytical software (Excel – pivot tables, macros, v look up).
- Strong skills and knowledge of: Microsoft Suite (Word, Access, Excel and Outlook); Moderate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign).
- Vendor relations exposure and experience developing professional relationships.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Previous experience managing accounts payable/receivables.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence both internally and externally.
In alignment with Made For Retail Inc. Core Values, this position will strictly adhere to the high set of ethical and moral standards that govern how we do business.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and business needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. We reserve the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. We also retain the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Made For Retail Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening, and/or additional skills tests as determined by management.